1. Main purpose of the job :
Reporting to the Head of Carpentry, the Carpentery Technician is responsible for working as part of the Carpentry team to install, maintain, and position scenic elements, motorcycles, and acrobatic equipment in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water show.
2. Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible / Accountable
• Work with Moto mechanics to clean, maintain, and adjust motorcycles used in show and for training.
• Working with carpenters, develop woodworking, metalworking, and associated skills used in the THODW carpentry department.
• Inspect and maintain equipment, stage, and backstage areas; update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
• Help to maintain and inventory departmental tools and parts.
• Complete CMMS documentation as needed.
• Become familiar with Quantya electric bikes and assist in their maintenance.
• Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
• Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
• Maintain carpentry department documentation.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of all backstage equipment specific to the production in order to operate equipment safely.
• Run cue tracks to position scenic elements and related equipment as directed for performances, artist training, and maintenance.
• Participate in special projects, including the construction and installation of new scenic show elements.
• Perform other tasks and projects assigned by the Head of Carpentry.
3. Qualifications :
• Advanced technical training in related field.
• Minimum of two years experience as a mechanic or carpenter
• Formal fall protection and overall safety training, woodworking, floor repair, fiberglass, metalworking, rigging, welding, mechanical, pneumatic and electrical skills an asset.
• Fluency in English (Written, Spoken) is required;
• Fluency in Cantonese or French is a plus.
Interested parties please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org