Reporting to the Head of Lighting.
2. Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible / Accountable
• Responsible for working as a part of the lighting team to install, maintain, and operate theatre power and UPS systems, the network lighting and dimming system, computer consoles, as well as conventional, automated and projection systems and equipment in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water show;
• Will also operate Lighting Department show tracks including follow spot.
• Operate the Electric systems in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations;
• Inspect and maintain lighting equipment and systems; update maintenance and inspection records as directed;
• Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
• Work with the team in developing rescue and safety strategies.
• Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances;
• Develop a thorough knowledge of all electric equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely;
• Participate in special projects, including the installation of new electric show elements as directed;
• Engage in a training system to allow for rotation of Follow Spot Operators.
• Perform other tasks and carry out projects as assigned by the Head of Lighting.
• College diploma in a related field.
• Two years as electrics technician; field experience with repairs and troubleshooting, and the use of digital test equipment to perform such repairs; in-depth electrical and electronics knowledge and experience
• 1-3 years of design experience and or follow spot operation in a theatre, acrobatic or dance show environment
• 2-3 years minimum experience at working at heights.
• Ability to swim or desire to learn.
• Strong computer knowledge required in ACAD/Vectorworks, Filemaker databases, specialty lighting programs and desktop publishing
• Experience with large-scale production lighting systems, troubleshooting electrical systems, digital communications, and computer operations related to theatrical lighting
• Fluent in English (Written, Spoken) is required;
• Fluent in Cantonese is a plus.
• Dive certification or desire to learn to dive.
• IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification.
Interested parties, please send your resume to email@example.com