1. Main purpose of the job :
Under the direct responsibility of the Resident Artistic Director, the Artistic Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing together with the Resident Artistic Director the overall artistic department operations of the show “The House of Dancing Water” and all the day-to-day operations of the artistic direction.
2. Roles and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the overall management and adminsitration of the Artistic Department in the ensemble of its functions.
• Ensure the respect of all procedures in a climate of total confidentiality and trust.
• Manage the Artistic Department show seats.
• Manage door passes, company phones and per diem for guest / contractors and visitors.
• Manage cast & crew company gifts, cards and other related affairs.
• Assist with the organization of workshops and extracurricular activities (travel, documentation, contracts, research)
• Ensure appropriate follow-up on conduct and disciplinary issues as directed by the Resident Artistic Director
• Prepare and manage the yearly budgeting process under the ultimate responsibility of the Resident Artistic Director
• Monitor accounting and expenses report related to: AD, contractors, and conceptors.
• Encourage a deep understanding and commitment to the show concept within the Cast and other Artistic Staff.
• Work closely with the HR department to coordinate the administrative component of the Artistic Direction (renewals and replacements of Artists).
• Manage the scheduling and follow-up of performance evaluations of the Artists and other artistic staff together with the Resident Artistic Director.
• Work closely with both the Artistic Cooridnator and the General Stage Manager to ensure the execution of the Resident Artistic Director’s vision and scope of work.
• Manage (Set-up / initiate) the planning and coordinate the coherence of the integration of artists as replacements and backups of the show in collaboration with the Artistic Coordinator, the General Stage Manager and rest of the Artistic Staff per instructions of the Resident Artistic Director.
• Implement the renewals and replacements of Artists and Staff including the hiring/contract processes in tandem with Show Support.
• Manage the administrative component of the Artistic Department, its day-to-day operations and the material needs together with the Resident Artistic Director.
• Work closely with the Artistic Department HOD’s to provide recommendations regarding strategic planning and beneficial and/or necessary modifications of the operations of the artistic department to the Resident Artistic Director.
• Act on behalf of the Resident Artistic Director during periods of absence of the latter per his/her instructions.
• Demonstrate a full awareness of cost impacts of actions taken in the Artistic Department and be able to address with Senior Management the potential conflicts.
• Ensure support to the Resident Artistic Director by showing a complete understanding of all Show Support Process (HR – IT – Operations) and be able to discuss/diffuse this information as required by the Resident Artistic Director.
• Cooridnate the artsitc depatment’s involvement in Marketing and Promotional initiatives on an implemental level per the directives of the Resident Artistic Director (gather and disiminate information, cooridnate meetings and rehearsals as needed, main liaison with the show Publicist)
• Is consulted on any and all artistic representations of the show outside of the theatre regarding their impact on the operations and quality of the show.
• Is consulted on the show scheduling as it relates to the global planning.
• Is consulted on Casting needs either for replacements or modifications in the show.
3. Qualifications :
• University Degree preferred.
• A minimum of ten years’ experience in a high level professional context with strong management and adminstrative skills.
• Recommended experience in all areas of Stage Management, Company Management and / or as a Producer
• A passion for the live performance environment.
• Strong commitment to the endurance of a show in a repetitive environment.
• Business acumen and sound practical judgment combined with the ability to manage both human and financial resources.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization, sensitivity to the needs of highly creative, artistic individuals.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking and ability to remain calm in a turbulent environment while demonstrating a sense of prioritization.
• Financial awareness is also a strong asset.
• Professional maturity to work comfortably in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
• Flexibility to change direction midstream to accommodate volatile needs.
• Fluency in English (written, read and spoken) is required.
• French and other languages are considered as a strong asset.
Interested parties, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org