1. Main purpose of the job :
Reporting to the Head of Automation, the Automation Technician is responsible for working as part of the automation team to install, maintain and operate automated show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for the The House of Dancing Water. The Automation Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of the integrated electrical/mechanical automation systems and underwater scenic elements. The Automation Technician will work with the automation show crew, maintenance crew and other technical departments to achieve common goals and maintain the strategy of a safe working environment at all times. Additionally, the employee will participate in the development of the automated systems, interfaces and operational and maintenance procedures.
2. Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible / Accountable
• Operate the automation control console in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations.
• Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
• On a Daily, or as needed basis, maintain and service the Automated Fly/Stage Lifts system and Properties within the theatre.
• Participate in the ongoing development of an inspection schedule for the installations and participate in such inspections regularly.
• Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic and motorized equipment and systems.
• Update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
• Participate in the ordering and procuring of department supplies.
• Participate in the usage and upkeep of a computerized maintenance management system, for all record keeping and inventory needs.
• Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
• Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of all automation Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely.
• Participate in special projects, including the installation of new automated show elements as directed.
• Participate in department training and development process.
• Have ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems to enable a smooth and continued show.
• Perform other tasks and projects assigned by the Head of Automation.
3. Qualifications :
• College Degree or equivalent experience in automation, theatre or a related field.
• 1 to 3 years of operational experience with large-scale theatrical automation systems.
• 1+ years of experience troubleshooting and/or maintaining large-scale theatrical automation systems.
• Experience with Stage Technologies Chameleon 5 Software.
• Experience with FTSI Navigator Software.
• Familiarity of MS Windows and MS Office Systems.
• Good knowledge of networks systems, electrical, mechanical and control theory.
• Understanding of PLC based automation systems.
• Familiarity with OSHA or IOSH guidelines.
• Experience using a CMMS or any other work order based preventive maintenance database system.
• Experience with troubleshooting hydraulic systems is an asset.
• Wood/Metal fabrication skills are an asset.
• Ability to swim is an asset.
• Willingness and ability to be SCUBA certified and work in a water environment.
• Fluency in English is essential.
• Fluency in Cantonese is an asset.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and/or hydraulic schematics.
• Experience in industrial hydraulics/pneumatics.
• Ability to use AutoCAD is an asset.
Interested parties, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.