1. Main purpose of the job :
Participate to establish and perform underwater show cue tracks related to scenery movement, performer support and safety. Maintain pool related systems, as well as dive and aquatics related equipment.
2. Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible / Accountable
• Maintain safe and consistent operations for show rehearsals and performances.
• Perform show cue tracks.
• Maintain and enforce safe diving practices.
• Work with novice divers and performers until they feel comfortable working in a water environment.
• Perform the required daily inspections of the underwater scenic elements and pool systems.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Assist in inspecting, assembling and maintaining all aspects of equipment for training, rehearsals, performances, and special events; maintain all dive gear.
• Participate in pre-set, performance, and post-set of show equipment during shows and training sessions.
Duties to include:
• Training and integration of new artists into the Aquatics environment.
• Scuba Dive instruction for technicians from other departments.
• Scuba regulator service and repair.
• Cleaning & preparation of cylinders, valves and regulator components for Nitrox service.
• Inventory and purchase scuba equipment and spare parts.
• Ability to learn or update life-saving skills and/or become CPR/first responder.
• Ability to stay calm and calm others in emergency situations.
• Must possess problem solving skills and strong interpersonal skills with proven talents in safety and teamwork.
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work extended hours, nights and week-ends.
• Ability to withstand long exposure to water.
• Must be flexible open-minded and possess the ability to adapt changes in protocols and procedures.
• Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
• Some experience in mechanical, plumbing, hydraulic and high pressure systems desired.
• Must be an effective team player who possesses the ability to integrate and work well with others.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Professional level diving certification with a minimum of Dive-master level for recreational diving.
• Possess a Nitrox certification from a recognized Scuba certification agency.
• Must possess a current first aid certification.
• Minimum 3-year experience in professional SCUBA diving.
• Must be fluent in the English language.
• Knowledge of MS Windows and MS office systems.
• Knowledge and certifications in Scuba diving equipment maintenance and repairs.
• Fluent in English is an essential.
• Diver must pass a Dive Medical as part of the pre-employment requirements.
Interested parties, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org