1. Main purpose of the job :
Reporting to the Head of Performer Wellness and working in coordination with the Resident Artistic Director for “The House of Dancing Water”.
2. Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible / Accountable
• Manage the delivery of performer wellness to maintain the highest quality operations, and safe and consistent operations for the performers in the show.
• Manage and oversee the delivery of performer wellness as an integral member of the performer wellness team.
• Work closely with the coaching staff to assist with developing training programs for the performers and with evaluating the performer’s needs regarding physical conditioning exercises required for corrective or preventive measures.
• Maintain the links that are established with the medical community and liaise between external health care professionals and the performers.
• Manage all performer wellness activities and operations on a day-to-day basis and prepare the schedules for the Therapists in collaboration with the Coaching and Stage Management departments.
• Complete insurance forms required for filing insurance claims for injured performers.
• Assist the emergency team for injuries or medical/health issues on site in close collaboration with the global emergency policies and delegates.
• Make recommendations regarding the training of staff in first aid and emergency measures, and when necessary organize and conduct training for designated personnel.
• Maintain and update the medical file of each performer daily. Each file must contain a summary of all services and treatments rendered.
• Ensure that all practices meet the requirements of Federal, State & Civil authorities.
• Support the performers at all times by assisting with their Health and Wellness needs and by guiding their interaction with the performer wellness staff.
• Support the Head of Performer Wellness and Resident Artistic Director Taboo in generating an atmosphere that promotes teamwork and maximizes productivity.
• Actively participate in the decision making process concerning changes made to training or performances in the event of injury or illness of a performer or any other occurrence, which might cause modifications to the normal process of training or performance.
• Consulted on all reintegration planning for performers.
• Where scheduled, Actively participate in all weekly Performer Wellnessmeetings.
• Maintain and reinforce all company procedures pertaining to Performer Wellness Department SOPs and medical protocols.
• Monitor the approved budget for the Performer Wellness Department.
• Must be qualified in a health related field e.g. Physical Therapist; Osteopath, chiropractor or Athletic Trainer.
• Must regularly update lifesaving skills and hold sufficient accreditation in emergency care.
• Must be SCUBA certified or prepared to obtain this qualification immediately upon commencing duties.
• Must have current PHTLS, AED and CPR certificates
3. Qualifications :
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in health related field, eg. Physiotherapy, Physical Therapy, osteopathy, chiropractor and/or certified as an Athletic Trainer.
• Post graduate qualifications in health related field or management preferred.
• Current PHTLS, AED and CPR certificates
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in sports therapy having worked hands on with professional athletes and at least three (3) years of clinical experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in Health Services Management.
• Must have excellent manual therapy skills.
• Knowledge and experience in Pilates and Massage Therapy is an advantage.
• Must have updated emergency care knowledge and certification.
• Must have up to date training in the latest methodologies of the profession.
• Ability to supervise personnel and to perform under pressure.
• Ability to create, implement and work within fiscal budgets.
• Willing to define, practice and conform to safe working procedures.
• Must possess problem solving skills and strong interpersonal skills with proven talents in leadership, safety, and teamwork.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be flexible and able to quickly adapt to unexpected situations, to work with a varied schedule and tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of PC based systems and MS Office software.
• Mastery of the English language both oral and written.
• Knowledge of French and/or Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset.
Interested parties please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org