Purpose & Objective of Role:
The Assistant General Manager (AGM), Operations is a key business partner to the General Manager (GM) at the store level. They lead the effort in providing an optimized customer service environment ensuring everything the customer sees, feels, and hears while in the store is executed to the highest possible standard. The AGM Operations drives the ‘back of house’ and engages, mentors, and trains their team of logistics, operations support, and scheduling coordinators ensuring all efforts are continually focused on the customer.
The AGM Operations is responsible and fully accountable for all controllable expense lines at the store level including payroll, TA expenses, Consumer Marketing & Advertising Expenses. In addition, the AGM Operations is responsible for appropriately managing all other shop expenses including utilities, supplies, uniforms, and contract services. Communicating directly within the store to all management and personnel as well as externally with warehouse, finance, zone leadership teams, and landlords, the AGM Operations is charged with maintaining an efficient, cost effective, inventory-right, customer focused environment.
The AGM Operations possesses a detailed but big picture understanding of business strategy and how to execute at store level. With strong leadership skills and a keen appreciation for the bottom line, this key management team member is the driver for ensuring “what’s right for the business” results in customer satisfaction and increased shop profitability.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Drive Store Profitability & Support Services
• Store Presentation, Facility and Plant
• Store Planning and Project Management
• Team & Service Management
• External Networking
• Bachelors Degree in Management, Business or equivalent recommended.
• 5+years management experience required. Regional retail leadership experience with merchandising and financial accountability highly desired. Merchandising and negotiations experience a plus.
• International travel may be required to attend senior management meetings as/when scheduled
• Strong multidimensional leadership ability. Able to effectively operate in a culturally diverse environment with astuteness and sensitivity.
• Must have high degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business/financial acumen
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills and be able to work well with personnel at various levels.
• Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
Our client offers competitive compensation packages including five days work week, discretion bonus, public holiday off, medical and life insurance, paid sick leave, employee purchase discount, etc.